Can I use a DINT tag for the history control address within the "Event Log"?

Can I use a DINT tag for the history control address within the "Event Log"?
none 0.0 0
  • HMI Model: cMT3162X
  • EasyBuilder Pro Version: V6.07.02
  • Serial Number or supplier: 21111112799

I’m want to clear the Event Log History via my PLC (Allen Bradley ControlLogix) by moving a “1” into the control command word on the History/Control tab. I have a DINT set up in the PLC for this, but the tag does not show in the drop down for control device on the History/Control tab of the Event Log. I verified the tag is in the HMI. It’s really wierd, the only tags that show up in the drop down are strings and arrays.

Hi @JBeckmann,

Can you access this tag within a numeric object? If so, can you post a screen shot that shows the structure that contains this tag?

So far, I have not been able to replicate this issue while using EasyBuilder Pro version 6.07.02.375.

Yes. It’s crazy. I ended up using a global action trigger. I triggered it with a bit from the DINT I originally created for the Event Log control. Then, I made the action item “Set Word” and set the value of a register internal to the HMI to “1” to clear the log. Seems to be working. Thanks.

I am happy to hear that you were able to resolve this issue. If this re-occurs or if you experience a similar issue, please post an image or give a description of the tag structure so that we can try to replicate this in our office. Thank you!