Can the cMT-SVR-200/202 be controlled locally via hotspot?

Can the cMT-SVR-200/202 be controlled locally via hotspot?
none 0.0 0

Hi,

I want to use a cMT-SVR-200 Faceless HMI for application in a remote location.
My question is does the cMT-SVR-200 generate its own WIFI signal to just connect to it with a tablet or cell phone.
Or does it have to be connected to a network?
Thanks

Hi @gary14,

Yes, the cMT-SVR-200 can function as a Wi-Fi hotspot allowing client devices to connect and control the HMI. Here is a demonstration: Link

1 Like

Great ! than this will work on my application.
Got a couple of questions, because We remote access this HMI through CMT viewer and not the easy access app I don’t need to activate the easy access feature?
And I wanted to know what is the actual range of the hotspot.

Thanks

@gary14,

You are most welcome! And you do not need to activate EasyAccess 2.0 for local control. I will check with our team to see if we have any data regarding hotspot range, but please note that the range will be affected by the installation environment.

We do not have any documentation that discusses expected range as it depends on the environment. However, in case it is helpful I was able to connect and control a cMT-SVR-200 within our office while at a distance of ~25’ from the device.

Note: Some 3rd party resources note that obstructions, especially those made of concrete can weaken signal strength.

1 Like

25 ’ is pretty good with obstructions! I should get more range then , we will test in the middle of nowhere so there shouldn’t be obstruction or interference with the signal.

Thanks for the support !

1 Like