Can you wrap text within an ASCII object set to multi-line display?

Can you wrap text within an ASCII object set to multi-line display? https://forum.weintekusa.com/uploads/db0776/original/1X/157ada137b337313daf9fbed880e8b7d6af7dae6.jpeg
none 0.0 0
  • HMI Model: CMT2108X2
  • EasyBuilder Pro Version: V6.08.02.449
  • Serial Number or supplier: 2301407117

Is there a way to set a multi_line TEXT field to wrap the text to the next line after a set number of characters? I have uploaded images of my window and Object that I used. Perhaps there is a better way to provide a field for the operator to insert a note.
Auto Word_Sentence Wrapping 1

1 Like

Hi @JBennett,

Currently, we do not have a feature that will force text entered on a single line within an ASCII object that has “Multi-line display” enabled to “wrap”. However, I will attempt to create a workaround and present an alternative solution to your soon.

Hi @JBennett,

Within this demo project (Download) I utilize several ASCII objects to force the user to move to the next line using the [Enter] key. These objects will not allow the user to enter more characters on a single line than are visible by the operator. When you have time, please review the contents of this demo and the two macros within and advise if this solution may be applicable to your application.