How do I configure an iR-ETN and connected IO? (Data logging application)

How do I configure an iR-ETN and connected IO? (Data logging application)
none 0.0 0

Hardware:
cMT-SVR-102
iR-ETN
iR-AI04-VI

Firstly, this may not be the correct topic to post under. I wasn’t entirely sure which topic was most suitable as I have a few questions regarding my set up.

1. I am unclear which program to use to configure the hardware listed above. Is there one program that I can use for the full configuration? Or do I need to use EasyRemoteIO, cMT viewer and EasyBuilderPro to configure each module separately per the manuals? If so, how do I ensure that they all work together properly?
  2. the end goal is to create a data logger using 1 or 2 analog inputs. what is the best way to program this function for my end user?

Hi @deannab,

My apologies for the delay, please see my response to each question below:

1. The iR-ETN and iR-AI04-VI can be configured using EasyRemote IO. EasyBuilder Pro is used to design the cMT-SVR-102’s project and to view the project you will need to use cMT-Viewer. To ensure that communication is successful, I would suggest that you use the “Weintek Remote IO (MODBUS TCP/IP)” driver and perform the steps shown within this tutorial: Link

2. We have a few tutorials in which we discuss data sampling. However, there are two that I would recommend specifically:

• Here is a link to a short tutorial in which we discuss some of the core features: Link
    • Here is a link to a long tutorial in which we discuss every feature in detail: Link

When you have time, please review this information and let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Brendon,

The tutorials are helpful, I’m hitting a wall when it comes to actually connecting to either the iR-ETN or the cMT-SVR-01. I’ve conscripted a member of my IT department because I was not making progress on my own. We’ve managed to connect the HMI and coupler with a switch to successfully ping from my laptop, but the iR-ETN is still not discoverable still via EasyRemoteIO via automatic scan. I was able to “add” the coupler and my iR-AI module manually (via “add coupler” and “add module” buttons,) but now when I try and monitor via EasyRemoteIO, I’m getting a LV error for the iR-AI.

I had initially wired up the cMt-SVR and the iR ETN using the same 24VDC power supply but I have now disconnected my iR-ETN/iR-AI from my din mounted power supply and am using a separate 24VDC power supply for the coupler and module. This has not resolved the LV light or error code in EasyRemoteIO.

I really hope you can help me get this all sorted!

L.V stands for “Low Voltage”. This LED will turn on if the module does not have its own external power source or if their is an issue with the power-supply. Did you provide an external power source for the iR-AI04-VI as well? The iR-AI04-VI requires its own 24v power source:

:grimacing::woman_facepalming:t2: thank you! I entirely missed the separate power for the iR-AI04-VI.

Power applied to each component now, and everything seems to be chatting until I try to remove the switch and connect the cMT-SVR-01 directly to the iR-ETN. I end up with a connection failure on the iR-ETN on EasyRemote IO and “HMI no response!” for SVR-01 on cMT Viewer, even though the IP addresses have been reconfigured to the same network ID.

@deannab, Can you describe the network configuration of LAN 1 and LAN 2 on the SVR?
LAN-1

• IP:
  • Subnet Mask:
  • Gateway:
  • DNS:

LAN - 2

• IP:
  • Subnet Mask:
  • Gateway:

Also, can you advise if the I/O is connected to LAN 1 or LAN 2?

@Brendon.S I had attempted to email a response directly so I could include a member of our IT department. *********@*********.com assisted me with the re-addressing this morning as I am unable to make changes to my laptop without IT log in credentials. It appears support@weintekusa.com is no longer valid?

Can you describe the network configuration of LAN 1 and LAN 2 on the SVR?
The configuration on the SVR is still set to factory defaults , but we had modified the IP address on the iR-ETN to 192.168.0.5 to match the network address of the cMT-SVR. I’ve confirmed we are still using the default network for cMT-SVR via EasyWeb2.0

Also, can you advise if the I/O is connected to LAN 1 or LAN 2?
I assume by I/O you’re meaning iR-ETN? We are connected in at LAN1.

We currently have a ethernet cable connected from my laptop port (192.168.100.2) to the external switch I had mentioned on my prior post. cMT-SVR currently has an ethernet cable from our switch to Ethernet 2 port. We have a separate cable connecting from the switch into iR-ETN LAN1. This configuration is working.

When I attempt to eliminate the switch (run a cable from my laptop to cMT-SVR Ethernet 2 and then connect cMT-SVR Ethernet 1 to iR-ETN LAN1) we appear to lose all communication. From what I can see from the manual, this is the correct configuration so I’m not sure what we’re missing.

Hi @deannab,

My apologies, support@weintekusa.com is our primary point of contact, but we receive many inquiries so it is possible that your email has not been seen yet. I will reach out to our support team and ask them to forward this information to us.

The default IP address of LAN - 1 is DHCP meaning that it is configured to retrieve an IP address from a DHCP server like a router. If the iR-ETN is connected to LAN-1 on the cMT-SVR they will not be able to communicate until the SVR is assigned an IP address:

You will need to modify the IP address of the iR-ETN’s LAN-1 port such that it is on the same IP subnet as the iR-ETN. After which, communication should be successful.

Karl Jumping in here:
on the CMT-SVR
LAN-1

• IP: 192.168.103.116 ( Via DHCP)
  • Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0
  • Gateway:192168.103.1
  • DNS: ( internal)

LAN - 2

• IP: 192.168.100.1
  • Gateway:

on the iR-ETN
LAN-1

• IP:
  • Subnet Mask:
  • Gateway:
  • DNS:

LAN - 2

• IP: 192.168.100.5
  • Gateway:

we can see the 192.168.103.116 and the ip scanner sees that it has an FTP component.
we cannot route from 192.168.103.116 to 192.168.100.1 or .5

we added a route -" route add 192.168.100.0 mask 255.255.255.0 192.168.103.116" and we can ping 192.168.100.1

using the easyRemote i/o we cannot scan and see any device. we can add manually but this does not seem to help.

we can delete the static route easily.

where do we go from here?

Hi Karl,

From this description and the description that @deannab posted earlier, it seems that this is how the network is currently connected:

Can you confirm if this is correct or can you provide a diagram that shows the current network configuration?

this diagram is correct.

Thank you for the clarification! If this diagram is correct, then it will not be possible to ping the iR-ETN or “Scan” for it using EasyRemote IO because the PC has no pathway to the iR-ETN unless you perform a pass-through or connect the iR-ETN, cMT-SVR, and PC to a switch as shown: