how to include plc internals into hmi (side) ??
To generate and import a Codesys tag file, please follow the instructions shown within this tutorial: Link
I used the TCPSlave I/O mapping to put tag names on all I/O points. That worked fine, I use my tags in the PLC logic and HMI objects. When I create an internal logic bit (plc coil), what action must I take to include these tags on the HMI side? I did not see a place for internal coils in the TCPSlave mapping tool. My internals appear in the variable list of the PLC. I then did a “build” and then “login with download”. What step have I missed?
If the tags “zz_temp00” and “zz_temp01” were added recently, I would advise the following:
- Delete the “Symbol Configuration” object within your project tree:
- Create a new “Symbol Configuration” object:
- Download the application to your built-in Codesys.
- Ensure that the required variables are selected within the “Symbol Configuration” object:
- Within the “Build” menu, click “Generate Code”:
- Import the new latest tag file into EasyBuilder Pro:
Thanks Brendon. What I was missing was step 6 from above (import tags).
I thought the build and download steps would push the tags over. Not so.
Appreciate your help, once again. Mike.
Always happy to help! Thank you for contributing to our forum!