How to load and save data to a USB and can I access recipe data remotely?

How to load and save data to a USB and can I access recipe data remotely?
none 0.0 0

I have an older project that uses an AB PLC to hold recipe data. I would like to come up with a method to load/save tag data from/to a USB drive. I realize there is recipe functions within EasyBuilder Pro, but I don’t want to have to do a bunch of PLC work to restructure the way the project currently implements recipes.

-Daniel Nall

1 Like

Take a look at the following instructional videos.

Method 1: via RW(retentive registers)
13: How to Retain Data during a Power Cycle Using RW Registers

Method 2: via Recipe Database
Recipe

For the Recipe Database option, is the database stored on the CMT-X? Can it be located remotely, and if so can you point me to a manual or tutorial with more information?

Hi @HFCRacer,

The Recipe Database is stored within the HMI, but it can be retrieved remotely using FTP. Here is a tutorial in which we demonstrate this feature: Click Here

While using FTP, the “Recipe Database” can be found within the HMI’s “Recipe” folder under the name “recipe.db”:

A .db file can be viewed using a db browser like “DB Browser for SQLite”. However, the recipe database can also be exported as a .csv into a USB. Here is a tutorial in which we demonstrate how to save recipe data to a USB as a .csv: Click Here

2 Likes