How to setup a Gmail SMTP server and other questions?

How to setup a Gmail SMTP server and other questions? https://forum.weintekusa.com/uploads/db0776/optimized/1X/baacd9ac74e9c58e307a04df3e08025eb30fde17_2_1024x461.jpeg
none 0.0 0

@ProcessControl,

That is correct, the eMT-3150a cannot function as an FTP client. The FTP client feature is only supported by cMT and cMT-X HMIs.

Just curious, from a cell phone is there any way to connect directly to the HMI using VNC Viewer without first having to go through the following steps to get online:

• open the EasyAccess2.0 app
  • connect to the HMI
  • select VNC
  • confirm that you want to continue
  • replying to the message “this connection is unencrypted” (I know this one step can be bypassed)

Why, when connecting by cell does it show the message “this connection is unencrypted”? I thought all EasyAccess2.0 connections were encrypted?

Does just having the EasyAccess2.0 app opened on your phone showing the HMI icon “Online” use any data towards the monthly allotted high-speed data?..just trying to come up with the quickest way for my customers to connect to their HMI. Thanks

Hi @ProcessControl,

• If your cell phone is connected to the same network as the HMI, you do not need to use the EasyAccess 2.0 application to connect to the device. Instead, you may use the VNC application to connect directly to the device.

• Can you please post an image of the message that states “This connection is unencrypted”? I believe this is a warning displayed by the VNC application, not EasyAccess 2.0.

• Having the EasyAccess 2.0 application open does not consume your monthly allotment of free high-speed data.

I hope you find this information helpful!

Looking at my router, it shows both my HMI (LAN connection) and phone are on the same subnet, but I can’t connect to the HMI just using the VNC viewer on my phone directly. However, I can connect to the HMI from my phone by first opening EasyAccess2.0 app on my phone and then having EasyAccess open up my linked VNC app…it use to work just how you described previously, but not anymore??? I have deleted my HMI from my VNC app and created a new one with the same IP that shows up at the connection of my router LAN. The funny thing is that the HMI (LAN1) is set for Manual IP and set to 192.168.0.12 however the router LAN shows the connection as 192.168.0.20 (this is what I have set for manual IP on the HMI’s LAN2)…the cables are plugged in correctly. Now if I set the HMI’s LAN port to obtain IP automatically it does (192.168.0.13) and I can see the LAN connection reflect in the router, but it will not connect to EasyAccess even if I Stop & Start it. However, if I then change the HMI’s LAN2 (PLC connection) to obtain IP automatically EasyAccess will now go Online…and if I open VNC from my phone and enter the IP issued to the HMI by the router (192.168.0,13) VNC will connect directly…But now the PLC no longer communicates to the HMI…I’m confused to say the least when everything was running a few minutes ago and no cables touched. Now to get the PLC back communicating I have to change the HMI’s LAN 2 to obtain IP manually and enter an 192.168.0.20…the PLC & HMI are now communicating and EasyAccess is still Online but now VNC will not directly connect to the HMI even though the router still shows its connection to the HMI as 192.168.0.13. ??? I look forward to your response on this one! Tomorrow morning, I will be site to install this near identical setup. May be a phone conversation is required for this one?

One more item…so are you saying that Weintek doesn’t offer their own secure phone app to communicate to an HMI…something like HMI Viewer and we must use a third party phone app that’s not secure? If this is true my customer’s won’t go for it. Thanks for your time.

Now after more testing it no longer sends alarm emails, it does pass the Test SMTP Settings and I do receive an email. However, when I now actuate an alarm through the connected PLC it shows the following errors:

• Failed to send Event Log email LB-12053
  • Failed step 105 email LW-11444
  • Unable to determine remote server

Hi @ProcessControl,

Please make sure that both LAN 1 and LAN 2 are configured to different IP subnets as @TimWusa described within this post: Link. Here is a post in which I describe a valid network configuration: Link. After you reconfigure the network settings of your HMI, please attempt to connect to the HMI using the VNC application over the local network.

1 Like

Yes, I broke the cardinal rule! I should have known better. All is working as it should. Thanks once again for your expertise.

1 Like