Use of fingerprints

Use of fingerprints
none 0.0 0
  • HMI Model:cmt2078x
  • EasyBuilder Pro Version: 6.10.2.421

Good morning, I’m trying to integrate a fingerprint reader like the ZKTECO Live10R using one of your demo software. When I try to add a fingerprint, even for the administrator, a pop-up opens with a fingerprint image and the text 1/3 at the bottom, and the acquisition doesn’t proceed. Today, during the second test, the indexes at the bottom are 3 0 0 0. Thanks

Hi @abmeccanica

Could you send screen shot of the project and the index 3000 at the bottom?

Thank you

On the left side index

Hi @abmeccanica

Thank you for the images. Just to confirm, does the fingerprint pop-up remain on screen without progressing as you scan your finger? Normally, after you lift and place your finger on the scanner a few times, the fingerprint should be registered to the associated account, as shown in this video.

Could you also make sure the fingerprint scanner is fully plugged in and its surface is clean?

Finally, could you let us know the indexes of the numeric objects shown at the bottom of the screen and what each one is associated with in your project?

I can confirm that the popup remains stuck; I tried lifting and lowering my finger, but it doesn’t move. Before testing again, I thoroughly cleaned the reader’s glass (which is new).
The indices are PLW 100 through 103. Occasionally, word 102 reports index 4, and I have to power-cycle the unit to reset it to 0.

Hi @abmeccanica ,

In System Parameters > Security > Plugin, please make sure the fingerprint option is selected and the control address is set to 100.

Then try commands 1 and 3 to see whether you can manually add a fingerprint and log in.

Parameter 100 is correct. When I issue command 1, word 101 changes to 4 and everything locks up.

Can I send you the software so you can take a look at it?

Hi @abmeccanica,

To better assist you with this concern, can you please email our support channel support@weintekusa.com?