Why can’t I transfer images via FTP to a USB flash drive?

Why can’t I transfer images via FTP to a USB flash drive?
none 0.0 0
  • HMI Model: cMT-FHDX-820
  • EasyBuilder Pro Version: V6.08.02.449
  • Serial Number or supplier: 2305105943

I am currently trying to transfer images to the usb disk connected to the headless hmi using the ftp function from the IV series Keyence Cameras. However every time i try and transfer to the usbdisk via the ftp, the camera says failed to transfer. I have it to where the HMI FTP is able to access and modify what is on the usb disk since I thought that was the issue. I know I am able to transfer stuff successfully and connect to the hmi If i change the folder location, as it just makes a new folder location on the hmi ftp and transfers the Images completely fine. Im just seeming to have a issue transferring it to the USB Stick connected to the Headless HMI.

I feel as though I am missing something very simple. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I solved the issue, seems to have been the usb stick was not formatted correctly, Got a new usb stick and it transfers it no problem now.

2 Likes

Note: In order to read and write data to or from a USB or SD card, the storage device must be formatted to FAT32. A device that is formatted to NTFS will appear to work because a USB pop-up will display, but the HMI cannot actually read or write to the device. Similarly, a storage device formatted to EXFAT will not allow the HMI to read or write to the device and will not display a USB pop-up.