- HMI Model: cMT2108X2
- EasyBuilder Pro Version: V6.08.02.322 Build 2023.04.13
- Serial Number or supplier: 2301407117
I am trying to connect the HMI to a Yaskawa MP2600iec controller over ModbusTCP with the Yaskawa MP series ethernet extension driver. In the past when I have imported tags from an MP2300 controller I have had success importing a .csv tag file into the Easybuilder project through the Address menu and it has worked fine. However, now when I try, it seems that the tags have imported successfully but none of them appear in the in the user-defined tags of the project.
I can open the .CSV file and see that the tags are there.
Thank you for contributing to our forum! To communicate with the Yaskawa MP2600iec using Modbus, please use the Modbus TCP/IP driver not the “YASKAWA MP Series - Extension (Ethernet)” driver. In addition, please make sure that the format of the tag file that you intend to import matches the format of our address tag library:
- Add a few “test” tags manually within the address library of EasyBuilder Pro:
- Then export this tag file as a .csv:
- Using Excel, move each tag into the corresponding columns and ensure that the format is similar to the “test” tags.
Note: When using a tag-based PLC like a CompactLogix, this process is not necessary, as an import button will appear below the driver.
That seemed to do the trick. Thanks!