Why cant I import my user-defined tags into Easybuilder Pro?

Why cant I import my user-defined tags into Easybuilder Pro?
none 0.0 0
  • HMI Model: cMT2108X2
  • EasyBuilder Pro Version: V6.08.02.322 Build 2023.04.13
  • Serial Number or supplier: 2301407117

I am trying to connect the HMI to a Yaskawa MP2600iec controller over ModbusTCP with the Yaskawa MP series ethernet extension driver. In the past when I have imported tags from an MP2300 controller I have had success importing a .csv tag file into the Easybuilder project through the Address menu and it has worked fine. However, now when I try, it seems that the tags have imported successfully but none of them appear in the in the user-defined tags of the project.
I can open the .CSV file and see that the tags are there.

Hi @Cstarr,

Thank you for contributing to our forum! To communicate with the Yaskawa MP2600iec using Modbus, please use the Modbus TCP/IP driver not the “YASKAWA MP Series - Extension (Ethernet)” driver. In addition, please make sure that the format of the tag file that you intend to import matches the format of our address tag library:

1. Add a few “test” tags manually within the address library of EasyBuilder Pro:
  2. Then export this tag file as a .csv:
  3. Using Excel, move each tag into the corresponding columns and ensure that the format is similar to the “test” tags.

Note: When using a tag-based PLC like a CompactLogix, this process is not necessary, as an import button will appear below the driver.

1 Like

That seemed to do the trick. Thanks!

1 Like