Can I access Weintek's Codesys function block's within EasyBuilder Pro?

Can I access Weintek's Codesys function block's within EasyBuilder Pro?
none 0.0 0
  • HMI Model: cmt3102x
  • EasyBuilder Pro Version:
  • Serial Number or supplier:
    I’ve downloaded a sample project that uses a PID function block.

Does the function block travel with the project?
If so, in Easy Builder Pro, where do I find the function block to view the settings?
Where do I find the signals to invoke the function block?

Or must the library be loaded? Where is the PID function block visible in my Easy Builder software?

Regards, Mike Clifford

Hi @mike_c_56,

The function blocks are components of Weintek’s Codesys library. Please make sure that you have installed Weintek’s Codesys package which includes our Codesys library:

Codesys is a separate entity that is built-in to the HMI. It must be programmed with the Codesys IDE. Please see this post for more information: Click Here

I have downloaded Weintek_CODESYS_and_RemoteIO_1.4.0.435 and installed.
But I don’t think my Codesys installation is finding the library it needs.
And when I click to load the missing library just get “download failed”.

Hi @mike_c_56,

My apologies for the delay, can you please perform the following and advise if the issue is resolved:

1. Click on the library placeholder:
  2. At the top, click on the “Delete” library button:
  3. Click on the “Add Library” button:
  4. Double click on “Weintek CODESYS Library” within the “Miscellaneous” section:
  1. Click on the library placeholder:

2. At the top, click on the “Delete” library button:

3. Click on the “Add Library” button:

4. Double click on “Weintek CODESYS Library” within the “Miscellaneous” section:

Brendon, Yes this worked. My oven demo loaded without error.
I’m not sure what I’m looking at though. Is this a PID function block? Can I add ladder logic to invoke this when the machine is ready?
I need to brush up on my Codesys a little and dig into some more documentation or Youtube videos from Weintek.

Thanks for your help on this. Regards, Mike

Hi @mike_c_56,

Yes, this is Weintek’s PID function block instantiated within structured text. To access this function block within ladder, please perform the following:

1. Right click on “Application” and select “POU” under “Add Object”:
  2. Within the following popup, choose “Ladder Logic Diagram (LD)” within the “Implementation language” drop-down list:
  3. Right click on the first rung and select “Insert Empty Box”:
  4. Click on the text entry at the top of this box and type “weintek.” or click on the ellipses:
  5. Select and instantiate the “PID” function block:
  6. Name this function block using the “Auto declare” menu:

For more information related to the implementation of this function block, please review the document titled “Codesys Library” accessible on this post: Link