Unable to use FTP/File Browser for to retrieve data sampling

Unable to use FTP/File Browser for to retrieve data sampling
none 0.0 0
  • HMI Model:sMT-SRVx-820
  • EasyBuilder Pro Version:6.10.01.609

Hi.

I inherited a project involving a faceless HMI that is the point of contact for a remote system. This is a pilot system that will be installed several states away from either myself or its owners. As a pilot system, it’s important that it log data concerning its operation.

There’s no issues with any of this so far. The problem is when I try to retrieve any of the data logged using the data sampling function, as I have been absolutely unable to connect to the HMI with an FTP client when I have the cMT viewer application open to that HMI to verify connectivity. I have attempted to work around this by trying to build a screen in the HMI to select a folder to be uploaded to a remote FTP server, but the file browser option in the object menu is disabled.

So far, the only way I’ve been able to retrieve data from the HMI is to have someone physically retrieve the USB key all of the data is logged to. The problem is, that at the rate at which the pilot hardware logs data, there is the distinct possibility of losing some of that data if it’s not retrieved about every six months.

I’ve tried following the tutorials, but they have vastly different menu layouts and menu options from the current software, I’ve read the questions asked about FTP, but they also have different menu layouts and options that either do not exist for me, or are disabled such as the file browser(which is greyed out entirely).

What is it that I need to do to be able to retrieve this data, so that I can build a process around it so I can document it for my clients, because flying someone out to swap a USB key every six months is not a desirable thing for this project. Ideally, they’d be able to be doing data analysis by pulling the remote data whenever they feel like.

Hi @PHH_MCU

Thank you for contributing to our forum.

The SVRX doesn’t support the file browser object, which is why it’s grayed out in the menu. We recommend switching the project to a different model, like the cMT 3162X, which does support the file browser object. You can then test your FTP connection using the file browser object. Here’s a post that goes through the setup process step by step: LINK

It would also be helpful to add a result address, as shown in the post, to trace back response codes and see the percentage transferred.

Please let us know your results and if you have any other questions.